Saturday, January 03, 2009

The return of the CF

Hi y'all. I am back after spending an afternoon drowning my sorrows with rice crispies treats, coffee cookies, and any chocolate I could find. Learning that four and a half years of blogging were down the tubes did not put me in a good mood. OK, just two and a half years -- I used to back up my site, but when I checked yesterday, I discovered the last time I did it was in August 2006.

And I had done it twice -- once at the beginning of the month, once at the end.

And then nothing since.

Sheesh.

Anyhow, I have learned my lesson and this will never happen again.

I have also, thanks to Ilene, figured out how recover some of my cached work, which I am doing painstaking entry by entry until google makes me stop, thinking I am some spyware or such, which is annoying but what are you going to do?

So.

Here's what's been going on.

I bought a fur coat. It's seal. Ha ha ha. PETA, bring it on. SH asked, "What will the anti-fur people say when they see you wearing that [old fur coat I got at a consignment store for $45]?"

I told him they would say I look warm.

Which is something I need now that I live in the frozen north where we have already had 40" of snow this year. Thank you, Al Gore.

SH is going to let me sell the ten years' worth of BMW magazines he has in boxes in the basement. He might also let me sell his extra remotes. I am working on getting rid of the office supplies he had 13 years ago when he worked for Apple, but he assures me that he might need those paper clips someday. These are the same paper clips that have been in a box since he moved here six years ago.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray! you are here!

class-factotum said...

Good guess, Holly! I was going to email you. Let's hope the outlaws don't find this place.

Joanna said...

So glad I found you again ..... I was very sad for you too!

Richard in NY said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so glad you found a new home.

regards,

AndiMAC said...

Well it took me awhile, but I finally found you. YAY!!!