Friday, January 16, 2009

Screwup #1, Packing for Hawaii

Let me preface this by saying it is very hard to remember what 80 degrees feels like when it's below zero at your house and you wear long underwear, sweatpants, a long-sleeved t-shirt, a fleece, and a sweatshirt when you are inside because you don't want your already at $292 heating bill to go any higher.

This is what I packed for the trip:
  • two pairs of jeans
  • two skirts
  • two sleeveless shirts
  • one blouse
  • two long-sleeved shirts
  • one dress (the one I wore for my wedding)
  • a bathing suit
  • running shorts
  • gym shirt
  • running shoes
  • hiking boots
  • sandals
What I have worn:
  • the same skirt and a long-sleeved shirt, two days
  • blue running shorts, hot pink gym shirt, and hiking boots, one day. It really works for me.
  • bathing suit, once, until I realized that it was very out of style and showed my Milwaukee roll and lack of bosom because of the tankini cut that is supposed to be flattering but is NOT, thank you very much, Lands' End
  • my wedding dress for three minutes in anticipation of going out for a nice supper but then had to change because since September, I have getting ready for a very cold winter if you know what I mean and apparently nature thinks my butt and thighs will be the part of me most affected by cold but that my bosom can take care of itself
  • sandals, until my feet hurt so much because of the strap rubbing on the top of my foot, a pain not even four bandaids could prevent, that I switched to hiking boots
  • my nightgown

No comments: