Friday, February 06, 2009

I vill not buy this record, it is scratched

SH: What's this on your list -- "mildew paint?"

Me: The paint in the bathroom is peeling. I need to prime it with Kilz and then repaint with the leftover paint in the basement.

SH: I thought that was a summer job.

Me: I was going to do it in a few weeks when you're gone for a week.

SH: You weren't going to tell me?

Me: Why would I tell you? I've done this before. I know what needs to be done.

SH: But I need to be involved!

Me: Why?

SH: What if you don't do it right?

Me: I had to do it with my bathroom in Memphis and my paint job lasted six years.

SH: But -- but! You don't mask!

Me: Yes, I do, when it's necessary.

SH: But why would you do it now instead of in the summer?

Me: To keep you out of my business.

1 comment:

Richard in NY said...

Welcome to married life. You're adapting beautifully.

regards,