Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 93: Saying goodbye to a liberal

SH: That's ridiculous to think tax cuts would be better than government spending.

Me: Sweetie, it's not even 8 a.m. Do we have to talk about this now?

SH [from the bedroom, where he is packing for a trip]: Public sector...layoffs...spiral...tax revenues even lower....blah, blah, blah

Me: Oh, look. Milk is a $1.98 at Pick and Save.

SH: Didn't you hear what I said?

Me: Yes, but I'm ignoring it. I have to go to the gym. Have a great trip.

SH: But what about the stimulus package?

Me: I love you. If your plane crashes, I don't want the last words I ever said to you to be about tax policy. Bye.

2 comments:

Richard in NY said...

That is a good price. 2 for $5 is usually the best I can do on milk.

Maybe the other stuff will wear off after a year or two.

regards,

Anonymous said...

We need a 10% flat tax...and do away with the IRS & let the principles of economics kick in and self-correct the current mess...