Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Attack of the vacuum cleaner

I promised you guys I wouldn't be a crazy lady cat poster and I really won't. Tomorrow, I am going to post about the Bible. (Really, I am -- Baptists, sharpen your pencils because there is going to be a pop quiz. Catholics, don't bother. I know how we are.) There will be no poop posts tomorrow. I can't promise no cat posts but I will try.

Anyhow, I just had to write about this because never in my life have I observed this phenomenon.

As I vacuumed the basement (something I have to do a lot more of now because the cats seem to be unable to leave the litter in the litter box), Shirley came down. To watch. And stayed.

I have never in my life seen or heard of a cat that was not terrified of the vacuum cleaner.

Is she a demon cat?

Photobucket
She just sat on the stairs and supervised.

8 comments:

MrScribbler said...

She's also an invisible cat! If not, she is one of those rare Microscopic Siamese, of which few exist in captivity.

Imagine that....

Amy said...

I have never heard of a cat doing that . . . they usually run in the other direction. You're cat must be possessed.

Although, Poseidon always runs to the phone and sits by it when it's ringing . . .

Perhaps the infamous "they" are making cats less skittish these days?

class-factotum said...

Mr S, that's a stock photo, duh. I need to learn photoshop. But that really is my gorgeous basement with the wonderful stairs that I spent many, many hours refinishing and the new carpet we got after The Flood.

Amy, perhaps Poseidon is expecting a call?

Anonymous said...

Remember, you now work for the cats...you are their 'domestic staff'...of course she watched--the see if you are worthy of keeping! White-Chocolate

AndiMAC said...

Scribbs, I was just about to write the same thing. CF, that carpeting is wild and crazy..... perfect for a basement.

Ptolemy said...

We had a dog that would go into an inconsolable depression at the SIGHT of the vacuum -- had to sleep it off until the next DAY. My husband's mother decided to work it through with her and she became the dog that, if you got out the vacuum, would come running and insist that you vacuum HER. Very amazing.

Richard in NY said...

Cats who are not afraid of vacuum cleaners are usually deaf or very hard of hearing.

regards,

class-factotum said...

Richard, she hears the food hitting the bowl just fine!