Monday, March 02, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 329: For better or worse or cats, part 2

You guys should know that there are some serious differences between SH and me. More than just our politics and his fussiness and my casualness. When it comes to decision making, I throw things against the wall to see what sticks (although I am a major project manager who will make lists until the cows come home and he is the procrastinator, not that that's ever a problem or anything -- ahem) and he ponders and ponders and then comes up with The Answer, which, of course, is always right.

That's how he wants to name the cats. I want to brainstorm, or torment the menta, as we sort of say in espanish, and he wants to retreat to the Man Cave and think until he has crafted the Perfect, Absolutely Right Name, the one that fits the cats' personalities. I wonder what would have happened if we had been young enough to have kids? Would we be saying, "Hey Kid! It's time for you to start kindergarten!" before we would have decided on a name?

But I digress. This morning, SH came up with maybe perfect names. Actually, I think they might be perfect names (he won't go with Stinky One and Stinky Two -- we've been having some farting problems). Remember how I told you that I couldn't think of girl pair names? SH, the brilliant engineer, did.

SH: I can't believe we didn't think of the perfect Milwaukee names!

Me: Oh! Of course! Leinie's and Miller!

SH: No.

Me: Miller and Harley? [Harley is fine for a cat, but people. Stop. Naming. Your. Daughters. After. A. Motor. Cycle. Just. Stop.]

SH: No!

Me: What?

SH: Laverne and Shirley!

What do youse guys think?

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Love love love it! Of course you could go with Fenney and (De) Fazio if you wanted to make people think. So when do we get to see photos of the lovable pair!

MrScribbler said...

Those work for me. Well, I'm sayin' they work for the cats....

Better than throwing the kitties against the wall to see who sticks!

Anonymous said...

Yah, der, hey, der....youse guys got a couple a winners der...White-Chocolate

John0 Juanderlust said...

You know what? SH really is a wiz kid. I think it's brilliant. Sincerely, the one Wolf.

Anonymous Mother said...

PERFECT!

But how do you decide which will be which???