Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 231: Socks, or Clash of the Control Freaks 2

SH: Why did you put these socks in the trash?

Me: Because the heels are completely worn through.

SH: So?

Me: They're worn out. I can't fix those. You have plenty of other socks.

Photobucket
Half of SH's sock drawer. He wears only the top layer of the front half of what you see.

SH: But you threw them away without asking me.

Me: Yeah. They were worn out.

SH: I wear these.

Me: But they're worn out. You have lots of other socks.

SH: I wear these with my slippers. They are perfect with the slippers I got in Morocco. Don't throw away my socks.

Me: Fine. Whatever. I won't throw away your worn out, holey, raggedy socks any more*.

Photobucket
Henry examining his sole in Morocco.

Photobucket
We need a photo of Norah in here, too. Aren't they just the most adorable children you have ever seen?

* Just like I don't throw away the junk mail asking for money from the Earth Foundation, the We Are Sincere About Global Warming People, Gaia Needs YOU SH!, What About the Leetle Cheeldren?, Save The Fishes, Save the Sea Kittens, or any other Left-Wing group that wants our money and to which we have agreed we are not going to give it but SH wants to see it anyhow. I don't care that they send the mail. Use paper. I need a pension. But I guess my decision making is not good enough to sort and recycle without SH being involved.

3 comments:

MeanMommyDoc said...

And I have given CG direct instructions to remove all nonessential mail before I get home so I don't have to go through it. He still hesitates over certain mail if he can't be sure it's garbage. Me, I assume it's garbage until proven otherwise.

Joanna said...

You should learn now, don't ever throw anything away, just hide it somewhere else. Just wash it, and hide it away!

class-factotum said...

Doc, I am a throw-awayer and SH is an accumulator. These are the issues they need to address in pre-marital counseling.

Joanna, I can't even hide stuff from SH. He has a memory like a -- well, like something that remembers everything! I surrender. Our compromise is that all his clutter is in his office upstairs behind a closed door where I do not have to see it.