Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Neighbors/fences

Does it make me a bad person that I am secretly (or maybe not so secretly, as I am writing about it here) glad that the sprinkler waters the car of the people who have been staying with my next-door neighbor and who keep parking in front of our house instead of the neighbor's house?

PS No, I don't know why they haven't been ticketed because after all, it's illegal to park in the street overnight here. Maybe they told the police they'd be parking there. They are bugging me, but I would never call the police on them.

3 comments:

LPC said...

If this makes you a bad person...do you want to be good? Giving up humor, snarkiness, sidelong glances, all would be a deep loss.

TosaGuy said...

Etiquette does call for parking in front of your own house first.

You can park overnight in Tosa if you call the police switchboard (471-8430) and tell them that you need to park on the street due to visitors, contractors, etc.

Personally, I like the ordinance because its easier to navigate my very narrow street, cuts down on overnight car break-ins, makes street cleaning and snow removal easier. Plus, having residents in the frame of mind of having to park on their property instead of the street makes it easier for guests to find parking, which leads us back to the point of your post . . . . .

class-factotum said...

I had this problem in Memphis, where it was not illegal. (TG, I agree with restricting parking on narrow streets and for snow purposes, but our street is not particularly narrow.) My across the street neighbors (who also left their trash can on the sidewalk all the time, which was illegal, not that the city did anything about it, despite my phone calls) had visitors all the time. These visitors would park in front of my house and not the neighbors' house, which annoyed the heck out of me because then there wasn't room for my friends to park. Also, it was just rude. I was so glad when they finally moved.