Monday, April 13, 2009

Wisconsin 101: People get up early here

I thought I was so clever, waiting until today to buy my robin's eggs (that delicious Easter candy of malt balls covered with chocolate). I had given up sugar for Lent, so didn't get them before Easter because I didn't need the temptation lying around, even though I did manage to stay away from the chocolate drawer and the frozen custard for six weeks.

I also didn't buy them before Easter because I am as cheap as they come and why would I pay full price if I could get them half price on the day after Easter?

Photobucket
Only I forgot something. I forgot that we are not in New York and here, people get up early and by 8:30 a.m., almost all the Easter candy was gone from Walgreen's.

4 comments:

Becky said...

We're on a hunt for Reese's eggs. So far no luck at either Kroger or Target. We have more Targets, Krogers, and Walmarts to check before we give up.

Laura(southernxyl) said...

Looks like the locusts have come through.

Don't worry, next week it'll be the red, white, and blue candy.

MeanMommyDoc said...

CG and I picked you up a 3 lb box of Russell Stover's Bloopers at their outlet yesterday. It cost 5$!! It was on sale half price!! Tastes just as good, just may not be as pretty.

class-factotum said...

I checked three Walgreen's, Target, Wal-Mart and CVS.

No robin's eggs anywhere.

I did stock up on peanut M&Ms and Reese's Pieces, though.