Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wisconsin 101: That's illegal

Photobucket
I took this last summer. Note the green grass, not snow. No way I could have taken this photo today.

A friend at the gym told me that it is illegal to dry clothes on an outside line in the next town over. If someone in Texas had told me clotheslines were illegal, I would have laughed in her face. But here, where pretty much everything that makes life easier, like parking on the public street in front of your house overnight or putting grass clippings in the trash or other yard waste in the regular trashcan instead of the specially-designated and labeled with letters at least two inches high yard waste trash can, is illegal, I just nodded and said, "Oh" when she told me.

3 comments:

John0 Juanderlust said...

Any alleged reason for that law? I wonder if it is illegal to be caught in a downpour so that your clothes are now drying on your body.

class-factotum said...

John, my friend thinks it's because they think it looks "tacky."

John0 Juanderlust said...

Well, that warms my heart. Nothing I like more than laws. The flimsier the excuse, the better.