Monday, June 29, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 87: Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

SH: You ate one of the chocolate cookies Peter brought! [on Saturday when we had five people over for lunch]

Me: So?

SH: But I wanted them!

Me: You didn't dibs them.

SH: But there were rhubarb bars [left over from the lunch].

Me: I know.

SH: You like rhubarb bars and I don't.

Me: So what?

SH: You should have left the cookies for me.

Me: You're saying that because you don't like rhubarb that you automatically get dibs on all the things you like?

SH: That's right.

Me: So I get only the rhubarb bars and not the quart of Never Enough Chocolate frozen custard, the quart of Tiramisu, the pint of Mocha Chip, the 14 pounds of chocolate, cookies, and marzipan in the Chocolate Drawer, or the Part of This Complete Breakfast Trader Joe Chocolate Cereal?

SH: Yes. That is correct.

2 comments:

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

And he has a problem with this?
Geeze...

Jan from the Sushi Bar said...

ROFLMAO - I'm sorry, but this post was just HILARIOUS.