Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ummmm. Bacon

The good news is that there will be a new snack at the state fair this year: chocolate-covered bacon.

Photobucket
Last year our big find was deep-fried macaroni and cheese on a stick. It was delicious. Do not knock it until you've tried it.

The even better news is that I don't have to wait until the fair to try it because Nueske's has kindly provided a recipe for chocolate covered bacon with sea salt.

Photobucket
Yeah, I know it's bad for me. Get off my back. Man, I miss Tennessee sometimes, where everything isn't illegal the way it is in Wisconsin.

The even better good news is that SH does not like adulterated chocolate, so I will not have to share with him. Me, I love some sassy commandment-breaking chocolate. The more stuff in it, the better. My latest love is the sea salt chocolate bar from World Market. Their chocolate-covered peanut-butter stuffed pretzels are decent, but have too much chocolate. They are not salty enough. The Vosges bacon chocolate bar is OK, but way overpriced at almost $7 a bar and really? not enough bacon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...I'm so totally going to the World Market tomorrow in Jax to get a sea-salt chocolate bar...White-Chocolate
(Will you be at Jim & Pat's party on July 11th? If so, I'll see you then!!!)

class-factotum said...

No, we're not invited (my mom is going, I think), but if you're going to be in town, I'd love to see you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great...I'm flying in & out of Central Wis. this time, so I won't be in Milwaukee very long...Mom & I will be staying at my brother's in Oconomowoc for a few days & will slip off to Door County...I hope to get to Medford to see Aunt Helen too!!! (Will your mom be at Jim & Pat's party???) WC