Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Fourth at The Lake

With our friends Bonnie and Gary. How lucky are we?

Photobucket
We took the boat to the cookout. Yes. I know that's not a photo of a boat. That is the view from the boat.

Photobucket
We see the showers on the dock when we arrive. Or at least the toiletries for the baths.

Photobucket
The chefs.

Photobucket
Fish appetizers. Omigosh.

Photobucket
Celebrator.

Photobucket
The peanut butter and bacon appetizers which I know sound bizarre but were absolutely delicious and will become another SH Is Gone What Can I Eat That Is Easy and Delicious? meal. They have been serving the same menu at this party for a gazillion years. I saw a man with a "Broadmoor" hat at the PB bacon table and said, "My mom lives two miles from there" and he said something and then I said, "My uncle used to be fire chief at the Broadmoor but now he owns a commercial stables on the mountain" and the man asked, "What's your uncle's name?" and I said, "Hugh" and he said, "I know Hugh. I was on the board at Broadmoor and we're the ones who hired him. I even own some of his art. I saw him just a few weeks ago." And I thought, well there you go. It's an awfully small world. Bonnie later told me this guy flies around in his own plane and helicopter, which I think would be super cool.

Photobucket
After all the appetizers, you need to digest for a while.

Photobucket
And watch all the pretty girls go by.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Then get some cake. Bonnie and Gary and SH had BBQ chicken and stuff before dessert, but I skipped lunch and went straight for the sweets.

Photobucket
Then we went back to Bonnie and Gary's.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The end.

7 comments:

LPC said...

That looks like the most beautiful 4th ever. Were there fireworks?

class-factotum said...

Yes, there were! We took the boat out to the middle of the lake, tied up with two other boats full of friends and family, drank wine and port, and watched. So fun!

Bohemiandoc said...

The pic of the red-headed girl with the pigtails is really stunning. From the auto-focused blurry flowers to the folds of her skirt. Absolute perfection.

Anonymous said...

Which lake is that? It's gorgeous!!! White-Chocolate

class-factotum said...

That is Elkhart Lake. We had a lovely time.

Thanks, Doc. Isn't she darling?

Julie D. said...

That cake is truly gorgeous! Though I am also partial to the flag tattoo on the young man's face. :-)

Jill said...

Really beautiful. Happy 4th!