Friday, July 10, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 253: Control freaks

January 2008
Me: Why don't you teach me how to do your expense reports?

SH: That would never work.

Photobucket
Another random photo.

March, June, July, October, November, January, etc, etc.
SH: I have to stay up late to get some expense reports in.

Me: Tonight? I wanted to watch a movie.

Photobucket
Shiloh.

SH: They're 60 days overdue and if I don't file them tonight, they have to go through all kinds of special approvals.

Me: Why don't you teach me how to do them so you don't have to waste time doing them?

SH: No!

Photobucket
Also Shiloh. The Confederate soldiers are not buried in the Federal cemetery. They have their own section with the Confederate flag.

Me: Yeah. I guess my years in the corporate world with my own expense reports and my MBA with a FOUR POINT OH, including accounting and finance, classes which you did not have as an engineer and where I got THE HIGHEST SCORE ON THE FINAL, don't qualify me to do your clerical work.

SH: Nope.

Tonight, as we are getting ready to see Tom Jones:
SH: Oh, it looks like I'll have to stay up late tonight to finish an expense report.

Me: Huh. If only there were a way for that not to happen.

SH: If only.

Fish chairs shiloh
The catfish restaurant near Shiloh.

4 comments:

LPC said...

Thank you for your bravery above and beyond the call of duty reporting from the front lines.

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

You really need to stop bothering the man so he can get his work done!!

class-factotum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
class-factotum said...

LPC, you're welcome. I am here to serve.

Maureen - I know! It's not as if he could have done those reports in THE PAST TWO MONTHS. He had to go to Summerfest!

This is one of our big differences. We have almost all the others covered: religion, politics, what time we go to bed. We also do not agree on when or how a job should be done. I think projects should be broken into smaller tasks and worked on little by little so they are done by the deadline; SH believes that you should wait until the last minute to start and then stay up all night to finish.