Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 86: Dieting

SH: I'm getting a Milwaukee Roll. I need to cut back.

Me: OK.

Later.

SH: Are you going to eat the last HobNob?

Me: No, I left it for you.

SH: I'm going to have some cake instead. Tomorrow, I have a long layover in Minneapolis. I'll get ice cream there.

Me: I thought you said you were cutting back.

SH: Not when I'm traveling. That doesn't count.

Me: What about the cake tonight?

SH: I'm consoling myself because I have to leave tomorrow. I deserve a treat tonight.

Me: So when are you going to cut back?

SH: When there are no extenuating circumstances. I'll cut back at home, unless there's a good reason not to.

2 comments:

Anonymous Mother said...

My theory EXACTLY!

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Ah, those extenuating circumstances; they always get the best of us.