Thursday, July 02, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 89: Laundry

SH: Are you already doing laundry?

Me: Yes. It's Thursday. I do laundry every Thursday.

SH: But I had some dirty socks.

Me: How could you get dirty socks between going to bed last night and now?

SH: They're from yesterday.

Me: Why didn't you put them in the laundry last night?

SH: You didn't tell me to.

Me: Why should I? You know I do laundry every Thursday.

SH: You need to remind me.

Me: I hereby notify you that I wash clothes every Thursday. If you want something washed, put it in the dirty clothes Wednesday night so I can put it in the washer Thursday morning while you are still in bed.

SH: No! You need to tell me every time.*

Me: Nope. This is a universal notification.

SH: NOOOOOO!

* Although he was magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa and can tell you the batting average of every player on the Brewers, the functional stats of all the computers in the house, and explain all kinds of airplane stuff like where the best seats are on a 707 vs a 727 and all the technical crap that most people don't care about, he is incapable of remembering when I do laundry?

4 comments:

AKJ said...

Sounds like my brother Boyd - he was also summa cum laude at Rice

John0 Juanderlust said...

So, by your own logic, you should remember to remind him every time because he issued a universal proclamation that he needed to be reminded every time. I'd think an MBA, blablabla, could approach this with a can-do attitude. Besides, his universal edict preceded yours, therefore it takes precedence.
You needn't thank me for this helpful advice. Putting things in proper order, and showing others how to keep the peace is thanks enough.

SH said...

I was only magna cum laude. Does that explain why I need to be reminded every time?

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Of course he's incapable. And he will no doubt pass on this gene to any children you might have...

It is your job to remind everybody, every time. Got it??