Monday, August 24, 2009

Chats du jour: Gourmet

Do you see the evil lurking in those blue eyes? The cat, I mean. Not the man. He's no EvilDoer. He's a hottie. And has never destroyed any of my personal electronics.

SH: Are you still mad at Shirley?

Me: You mean am I still mad at the cat who turns up her nose at the food we feed her, who leaves half her meal in her dish, who's not hungry, but who thinks the antenna from your clock radio and the cord from the TWENTY DOLLAR EARBUDS for my mp3 player are just yummy? Am I still mad about that?

SH: Yes.

Me: Yes. I am.

SH: But she's cuuuuuuute!

Me: What IS it with you men? You'll forgive any bad behavior in a female if she's "cute."

3 comments:

Marta said...

Totally a "guy thing."

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Okay, that may be true, but I'm sure it's saved you, as it has me, from our share of speeding tickets...

Anonymous said...

"What IS it with you men? You'll forgive any bad behavior in a female if she's "cute."

Well, ain't that the truth!! And Maureen, the speeding ticket thing stops working once you become a certain age, so enjoy it while it lasts.

MKD