Saturday, August 01, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 10,002: Grammar

SH: Why didn't you use commas?

Me: I don't know.

Photobucket
This photo of SH making Shirley beg for her supper has nothing to do with this post.

SH: But it's wrong.

Me: I don't care.

SH: But it's wrong!

Me: Whatever.

SH: Are you trying to be edgy and cool with your disregard for the rules?

Me: You think this is me living on the edge by leaving out commas? That this is living dangerously? That I am such a risk taker with my sloppy writing? That this is me, thumbing my nose at The Man?

SH: Yes!

Me: You're nuts.

SH: You're smart enough to do it right.

2 comments:

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Start leaving out ALL your punctuation and Really freak him out.

class-factotum said...

Maureen -- Yes! He is an engineer and his dad was an English prof, so he is totally uptight about this.