Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 123: Bringing home the bacon

Oh pork products how I love thee.

SH: Are you going to try the chocolate-covered bacon tonight?

At El Corte Ingles in Madrid.

Me: Probably.

SH: Well, if you get it, you have to eat all of it.

Oh, like that's supposed to scare me? I have to fight to keep the Good Food to myself. SH is always urging me to try this wine or that beer and I don't know why because the more I drink, the less there is for him. THIS is the zero-sum game, baby, not your "the rich are rich because the poor are poor and the poor are poor because the rich are rich" mantra.

At the Museo del Jamon in Madrid.

Me: If I get it, I am not getting it to share.

And churros y chocolate.

1 comment:

Laurie Hager said...

Thanks for your post on La Tienda's Facebook page, Annette! What great pictures :) I got to visit the same spot back in November. I always thought my colleagues here were kidding - a museum of ham? Really? So excited to see it really existed.

Kindest regards,
Laurie