Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 129: It's complicated

Me: Now that you trust me to do your expense reports, maybe you'll let me make your travel arrangements.

SH: No. It's too complicated.

Me: I once reduced a two-inch high stack of data at 3M to a spreadsheet with four decision rules.

SH: It's too complicated!

Me: Why?

SH: I know what airlines I want to fly.

Me: That's not that complicated.

SH: When I fly Northwest, I don't want the 727 because it's harder to get an upgrade.

Me: I think I can remember that.

SH: But it's more complicated than that!

UPDATE
SH: I didn't say "727."

Me: Whatever.

SH: NOBODY flies 727s anymore.

Me: Whatever.

SH: Except maybe FedEx.

Me: Ummhm

UPDATE #2
Gary [also an engineer, reading the original post]: SH didn't say "727!" I can't remember the last time I flew in a 727.

Then he and SH proceed to discuss their 727 stories.

No comments: