Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 226: Date night, or, We are getting really old and bored with each other

SH: I'm sorry I'm so cranky, sweetie. There's a ton of stuff from work with Roger and Mike being on vacation and I'm really stressed.

Me: I know how we can relieve some of that stress.

SH is silent as he thinks about this. He does not look at me for a minute.

SH: Well, I was going to go out and sing tonight.

Me: You'd rather sing than "relieve stress?"

In college, my favorite activity was Relieving Stress. I preferred Relieving Stress to just about anything else. My boyfriend and I made plenty of time to Relieve Stress.

SH: I haven't been out to sing in two weeks!

Me: Fine. I want to read Jeff's book anyhow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about 'relieving stress' AND going out to sing???

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

No, I understand. We're "old."
There just isn't time or energy to do both.
Better luck next time.