Sunday, August 02, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 232: Because I love you

Early afternoon

SH: Come out in the kayak with me.

Me: I don't like to kayak.

SH: Oh come on. It's fun.

Me: I don't like to kayak. I don't like boating.

SH: Why not? It's fun.

Me: I just don't like it.

SH: Then how about a game of pool?

Me: I'll kayak. I'd rather kayak than play pool.


Late evening

SH: It's already 9:30 and I didn't get to play pool.

Me: Go play.

SH: It's no fun to play alone and Bonnie and Gary have already gone to bed.

Me: Do you want me to play with you?

SH: You don't want to play.

Me: But do you want me to?

SH: You don't like playing pool.

Me: I know.

SH: And you already kayaked with me today.

Me: If I play pool with you, will I get credit for the future?

SH: Yes.

Me: OK. I'll play.

3 comments:

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Aw, I love this.
The title is perfect!

John0 Juanderlust said...

Yay!!! You kayaked.
Obviously SH is an edifying influence.

class-factotum said...

John, I cited my experience with you -- that I had kayaked with you even though I don't like kayaking. Of course, that admission was used against me.

Maureen, sometimes you just gotta do something to make someone else happy. He owes me now. :)