Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Marriage 101, Lecture 633: Killer bees

Me: Do you want to spray the wasps?

SH: Maybe.

I think about the time SH encountered the mud daubers in my Memphis basement. He screamed like a little girl. Read the backup story in my archive blog. I am quite surprised that he is interested in anything to do with wasps, considering he is scared to death of non-stinging mud daubers. I think this has more to do with not wanting to do any more work with his vacationing colleague's difficult client than it does with macho-ness.

Me: Do you want to do it because it's a cool guy thing to do or do you want me to do it?

SH: I want to do it because it's a cool guy thing to do. And if the wasps come out, I can scream and go "woooooh!"

2 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

So did he do it? Or did you??
I love how you phrase these pieces and I love the term "cool guy thing." We all know right away what that is.

class-factotum said...

Maureen, he did it. Guy thing won over fear. He had to knock down the nest and poke at it and count the wasps and tell me the difference between a wasp and a hornet. I love engineers.

PS Thank you!