Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday report

SH and I leave tomorrow morning for England and Germany. He has to go there for work. Really, he does. It's not like earlier in the year when I announced that we were going to England and Egypt and then we didn't go. We leave tomorrow.

AND I get to fly first class because it was going to be 110,000 miles for a coach ticket and 135,000 for first class and who knows what United will be doing with its miles program in the future so why not use them up? I will sit in the seat on the way over and SH will sit in it on the way back.

I will get to go into the fancy lounge in Frankfurt, where I will fill my purse with those little Nutellas.

The best part is we will get to see my friends Debbie and Dominic from grad school who live in London. I am sad that I won't see my friend Heidi* from grad school in Germany, but she lives five hours from Munich. I am also sad that SH will not be able to go on the BMW factory tour. I tried to get us in for next Friday, but it is full.

* Her favorite thing about Germany so far (she moved there last year with her husband, who is in the air force) is that everyone knows how to spell her name.

No comments: