Friday, September 25, 2009

Marriage 102, Lecture 472: High finance, or, Control Freakout

In Bakewell, where we got Bakewell pudding but did not expense it.

After I have completed SH's expense report for our trip to England and Germany, with the appropriate calculations made on the receipts so just his expenses were noted:

SH: Oh no!

Me: What?

SH: You wrote on the receipts!

Me: Yeah. Some of those items were just for me. Your company shouldn't be charged for them.


SH: But that's not how I would have done it! You shouldn't write on the receipt!

Me: OK. I'll do it differently next time.

SH: But it's not right!

Me: Well, if your T&E people refuse to pay those charges and call you because they can't understand what I meant [with a circled "13.40" on the bottom of the receipt to compare to the register total of 19.70], then you can tell them that your ex-wife was trying to help but she was just too dumb to do it right but you have taken care of the problem and divorced her.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Oh.

I heart you.

BIG time.

Anonymous said...

Yikes....maybe you should have talked with the previous wife to find out what you were getting into?!!?

class-factotum said...

Jan. :)

Anon, I knew what a control freak SH was when I married him. He is lightening up, but until he's to my standards, I just laugh when he gets like this. (You have seen the knife posts, right?) And then I mess with him.

(BTW, I meant he could tell his T&E people he had divorced me because of my egregious error of WRITING ON THE RECEIPT! OH NO!)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I would've done the same thing; it makes so much sense.
God, will we never learn!