Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 109: Annoying each other

SH: Do you try to avoid annoying me so that I won't annoy you?

Me: You are going to annoy me no matter what. I avoid it because I can take it so much better than you can.

SH: That's not true. There are all kinds of things I can't annoy you about.

Me: Like what?

SH: At least five times a day, I have to remember not to say "pepper" the way Billy Crystal* did.

Me: You have to remember that five times a day?

SH: Yes.

Me: That's ridiculous. Why would that occur to you five times a day?

SH: Because the topic of pepper comes up a lot: red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, pepper mill.

Me: And the first thing you think of is that stupid Billy Crystal thing?

SH: Yes. That's how my mind works.

Me: You need to be re-programmed.

* Billy Crystal annoys the heck out of me and he especially annoyed me in "When Harry Met Sally," or, "When Meg Ryan was still cute and what was she doing with someone as annoying as Billy Crystal?"

2 comments:

HRD said...

but I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie.....

SH said...

"Today, we are going to talk like this."