Saturday, September 26, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 763: If it looks like a duck

Jackie, the woman in this story, is the same one who told SH she would sit in the bubble bath and think about his singing. She is one of his bar friends and does not seem to get that he is married, even though always wears his ring (I don't even do that -- I don't like rings) and is very clear that he is just out to sing, not to cruise.

SH: Jackie was at the bar on Thursday. Apparently, she got the idea I'm a conservative. [It is to laugh. I've been working on bringing SH over, but he is stubborn.]

At Droitwich, a small town in England where we stopped for salad dressing and discovered that it was an old Roman salt-mining/refining town.

Me: How on earth would she ever think that?

SH: I don't know. Anyhow, she told me she listens to Mark Belling [local conservative radio talk guy]. He is giving a talk about a cruise he's running and she asked if I wanted to go with her.

Me: Oh good grief.

SH: I told her I'm not a conservative but my wife is and that you would be coming along.

Me: Now do you believe me she was hitting on you when she said that stuff about the bathtub?

SH: I guess so.

1 comment:

Anonymous Mother said...

And QUACKS like a duck...