Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chats du jour: I fart in your general direction


Question: What would cause a cat to poop in the middle of the bedroom rug (which covers less than half of the wood floor and which you bought in Morocco a few years ago after some exhausting bargaining with Fez rug merchants who know a sucker when they see one so you paid twice as much as you should have) at 2:00 a.m.?

This has never happened before. The cats sleep in our room at night and have never indicated a desire to leave the bedroom to see a man about a dog.

There has been no change in their diet except that Shirley has started to eat grass.

SH says Shirley might be mad at me because I keep throwing her in the basement because I am sick and darn tired of getting up every two minutes to remove her from the sink, the stove, the island.

The good news is that I did not step in the poop as I was returning to bed from my own late-night bathroom visit. The poop area is marked by the little bowl. Note that it is right in the middle of the rug, right in the middle of where I walk to get back to bed. I didn't step in it, but I sure smelled it.

But if this was a revenge poop, it required a lot of planning. And I don't know if it was Shirley. But Laverne, aka "Lovergirl," doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Shirley, on the other hand. Well. She is crafty.

3 comments:

AKJ said...

It was intentional.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

You know, I have cat troubles that I consider territorial, but I am at a loss. I too, tend to think it's intentional. I finally bit the bullet and bought Felliway on line (expensive!), but we're having less kitty trouble all round after a couple months of it.

Melissa said...

I don't have a cat, but have many friends who do. They all tell me their tales of how their cats get even with them. Just glad you didn't step in it.