Friday, October 23, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 402: Coming clean


SH: Where are the bath towels?

Me: I put them in the laundry.

Five minutes later.

SH: Oh no!

Me: What?

SH: I didn't get a towel out before I got into the shower.

Me: But you just commented on the lack of towels. Why didn't you get a new one out?

SH: Because when I lived alone, I got a new towel as soon as I put the old one in the laundry.

Me: You knew there wasn't a towel! I thought you were the smart one.


Related story:

SH: Why did you put the towel in the laundry?

Me: Duh. Because it was dirty.

SH: But I was gone most of the week [and didn't use it].

Me: You wipe your dirty face on it.

SH: Yeah, I'm bad about just getting my face wet and then drying it.

Me: It makes the towel dirty quickly.

SH: It's your fault for having white towels. That's why I always had dark towels.

Me: That is disgusting.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Your husband is so...male.

Melissa said...

I don't know if they ever outgrow it. DH and I have been married for nearly 11 years, and he'll still sometimes say things like, "But this is how I did it when I was single."