Thursday, October 01, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 493: The grapes of annoyance

On the phone with SH, who has just finished a customer visit in Chicago and is waiting for the rain to stop so he can go into a Panera and eat and work for a while before driving home.

SH: Eww!

Me: What? [Did I accidentally leave my emergency Pop Tarts in the glove box or under the driver's seat instead of in the trunk where they belong -- close enough for when I need them but not so close that I am tempted every time I stop at a red light?]

SH: There's a tiny GRAPE on the floor.

Near a wine field. Actually, near a winery at the end of a very wind-y road for which I had to take a dramamine that just happened to be in my purse even though I hadn't taken dramamine since I lived in South America 1993-1995.

Me: Oh yeah. I was eating grapes in the car yesterday.

SH: That's disgusting. The only good use for grapes is to be converted to wine.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Well, he kind of has a point there.

HRD said...

The question is does wine count as one of your five a day portions of fruit and veg?