Monday, October 05, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 734: Wasting time

SH [calling me at the gym]: I can't get the BMW started! I'm not going to be able to make it to my hair appointment.

Me: That's OK. I'll just reschedule it for you.*

SH: But I already took a shower and got dressed! I wasted all that time for nothing!



* Normally, SH does make his own hair appointments, but he was going to try my haircutter today because his charges twice** as much and is much further away. Mine is right down the street.

** SH, aka The Engineer, will point out that actually, Nicole charges $31 and Carol charges $20, so Nicole does NOT charge "twice as much" but charges a little more than half as much -- 10% more than half as much. I say whatever, it's about twice as much for blog purposes.

2 comments:

Jan said...

He sounds like my 14-year-old - "But I just showered the other day!!"

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

You're exactly right; bloggers should never let a story be ruined by details OR facts!