Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 75: Sweet and not so sweet

Sweet:

When you overhear your husband on the phone with his parents telling them that they are wrong about something and you are right.

Not so sweet but kind of funny because haven't we all been there?

Your husband is talking about an old girlfriend. You ask if she is The One Who Got Away or The Bullet He Dodged. He replies, "Can't she be both?" But then exhales and says, "I'm so glad I married you."

PS I have one of those, too, a guy in grad school whom I am now convinced is a quasi-sociopath. Not a criminal, but completely lacking in conscience. But boy could he kiss.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I'm just trying to figure out that painting.

Is that Mr. Peanut without his monocle and in wings?

class-factotum said...

Jan, I took this photo in San Francisco. It could be anything.

Melissa said...

Aw, just kinda turns your heart to mush when the big lugs say stuff like that.