Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 887: The Rememberer

Me: If you'll unhook the cable box tomorrow, I'll exchange it on Friday.

SH: It's too early to remind me. I'll never remember.

Me: I thought you were The Rememberer.

A drummer on the drumline at the parade yesterday in front of the place where I am a reading volunteer to little kids.

SH: I am.

Me: But you can't remember that.

SH: It's low on my priority list.

Me: Yet you can remember baseball lineups from before you were born.

1 comment:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Yeah, but those lineups were really important (and his brain was young and porous).
Seriously, how do we remember crap from so long ago and forget something from this morning? They played a Partridge Family song on the radio this w/e and from some pit in the dark recesses of my brain, I started singing every word. Sad, I know.