Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 918: The do-over

SH: I don't deserve anything for Christmas.

Me: Why not?

The view from Ridge Vineyards a couple of years ago.

SH: Because I just spent $180.

Me: On what?

SH: Wine.

Me: Oh great. Because we don't have wine? [300+ bottles in the basement and I do not drink]

SH: We don't have big bottles of wine.

Me: Why do we need big bottles of wine?

SH: Wasn't it nice to have that big bottle of wine when we got married? [and had 11 people at supper?]

Me: Were you planning to get married again?

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well, I really think that you need to find something equally or more expensive to drink, eat or wear and then call it even.... that's only fair.... :-)

TheHRD said...

You can NEVER have too much wine. EVER!

class-factotum said...

Bonnie, I'd rather have $180 in the bank. :)

HRD, if you are ever Stateside, you are welcome to come help SH drink it, because I don't think he will live long enough to work his way through it at this rate.

Jan said...

Well, look at it this way - you don't have to stress over a gift for him next month. But he still has to get YOU one. :)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

300 bottles of wine in the basement? I think it's time for a party, NOT a wedding!

Bonnie said...

HRD, I agree!

And.... tell SH that Gary & I will happily drink more than our share ;-) Sounds like a BIG party!!!!

Melissa said...

I'm with you, CF -- I don't drink wine, either.

Purchases like that usually qualify as Christmas presents when either one of us (read: DH) does something like that.