Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Busybody Czar

Little did I know when I wrote this that there probably would be a Busybody Czar in this administration.

My sweetie Harpo had a great post yesterday about public service ads and what a waste they are of taxpayer money. He says that we are paying the government to be a bunch of busybodies, telling us what to do.

I agree that I don’t want the government spending my money to have someone else tell me what to do, but what if I got to have the job of chief bossy busybody?

Omigosh.

I would be perfect. I already tell people what to do (most times under my breath) as a hobby. To get paid for it would be a dream come true.

Really, it would be my ideal job. Even Ilene, the BR-HP, noted in a comment a few weeks ago that I would be great as a protocol officer because I like so much to tell people what to do.

This job would be best as a cabinet-level appointed position – the Busybody Czar – but if it had to be an elected position, I still think I could get the job pretty easily. Just off the top of my head, here are some planks for my platform that I’ll bet would get the agreement and votes of most right-thinking people. Remember that I would have the power to deputize.

Go here to read the platform.

No comments: