Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Eating for fun

At reading with the preschoolers this morning, looking at the book cover below.

Girl: Wait. I have a cricket in my neck.


Me: What's happening here?

Girl: The shark is eating the pigs!

Me: Do you eat pigs?

Girl: No!

Me: Do you eat bacon?

Girl: Yes!

Me: Do you eat shark?

Girl: Yes.

Me: How?

Girl: With mustard.

Me: What else do you eat?

Girl: Whales.

Me: How?

Girl: [shows me how she chews]

Me: I mean, what do you eat on your whale?

Girl: Ketchup. And beer. [Well, we are in Wisconsin.]

4 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Ketchup and beer; she will make some man very happy one day, I think.

LPC said...

Aaaaaaah! Too funny! Send this to Vodkamom! Stat! She always posts hysterical things kids say...

Karin (pariskarin) said...

Oh, funny stuff! :)

Melissa said...

LOL! Yes, ketchup and beer with everything seems to be a very Wisconsin thing.