Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 339: The keeping of the dibs

SH: I need to eat some fruit.

Me: Are you going to have that pear tart* [on which he put dibs yesterday]?

2006_0421Japan0006 by gb14772.
This blog is full of eels.

SH: No, I don't think I want that just yet.

Me: You better eat that soon before the dibs expires.

SH: What do you mean?! Dibs can't expire!

Me: Of course they can. Dibs aren't permanent.

SH: Who put you in charge of the dibs rules?

Me: It's not just me. Don't you read the comments in my blog?



* In SH's scientific mind, pear tart counts as a serving of fruit and chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread counts as a serving of vegetables. Dill pickle flavored Pringles that he hides from himself in the basement and that he has to walk down two flights of stairs to get to? Both a serving of veg and exercise.

Eel photo courtesy of our friend Gary. He took it at the Tsukiji Market in Tokyo. He claims this is not his best work because it was with a little camera, but I like pretty much everything he does. He has a fabulous eye.

3 comments:

LPC said...

We are glad to play Parliament to your Ministry.

Jan said...

Dill Pickle-flavored Pringles?

That sounds oddly attractive. Kinda disgusting, but oddly attractive...

class-factotum said...

Lisa, thank you. I am glad to have backup.

Jan, dill pickle pringles are divine. Don't buy them. Don't say I didn't warn you.