Monday, December 21, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 34: I married him for his money

Me: Oh no! I made an apostrophe mistake* [in my blog].

SH [on the phone with me - he is in the Dallas airport reading my blog as we are speaking]: Where?

Me: Fixed it. Too late. You can't see it.

SH: Nope. I'm still on the page. I see it. Ha! I won't be able to stay married to you now. [SH is more of a language snob than I. He proofs casual emails and never abbreviates. Ever. I am lazy and write things like "w/out" and "thx" in my notes to him and my mom. Not SH. He writes everything properly. Ask him the time and he'll build you a watch.]

Me: Yeah, I suppose not.

SH: That'll make my parents happy. They can't understand why I married you in the first place.

Me: Tell them I'm good in bed.


* My second (at least) - Lindy pointed out in the comments that I have been writing "Menard's" all this time and it's actually "Menards." Whoops!

3 comments:

Gary said...

Where does SH get that????

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Class factotum said...

Thank you, Anon! That's very sweet!