Thursday, December 03, 2009

Marriage 201, Lecture 37: Get out of jail free

SH is on an all-day cranky, love means you don't have to say you're sorry pass because I got out of bed at 6:50 a.m. for good after first getting up at 6:32 to throw the cats in the basement. This is a little earlier than usual for me but once I wake up, I wake up and the darn cats. The darn cats.

SH usually wakes up cheery, but not today.

Usually, SH falls back to sleep easily, but not this time, probably because last night, he was up late (past 2 a.m.) working for the third night in a row, paying the price for the long weekend. The Europeans expect stuff no matter what, even though when they're on vacation, they're On Vacation (let's talk about The French, shall we?).

So when I got up, he got up Very Cranky because he just couldn't sleep any more and it's all been downhill since then and I am just staying out of his way*. We have negotiated that in the future, even if I have to see a man about a dog twice in a row, I will return to bed and lie there staring at the ceiling until at least 7:30 a.m. during the week*** and later on the weekends.**** Which is fair, I suppose, as I have nowhere to be and no clock to punch.

* Not really.

** But this is the kind of cranky that even an offer of you know what doesn't cure.

*** I would not have to do this if our APPLIANCES WEREN'T SO NOISY. Thank you, Sears.

**** I need to tell you about the Crazy Laundry People from the apartment.

No comments: