Monday, January 04, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 420: Your kiss is on my list

SH has returned from the Mighty Ski Trip of Ought - um -- of Ten. He stayed the night in Denver at Mike's house. Mike's wife is an awesome hostess - two little girls, sick, and yet she puts up an unexpected guest overnight.

SH's workout routine of walking down the stairs from his second-story office to the basement to get the Dill Pickle Pringles he had hidden from himself did not quite get him into the shape he needed to be for a day of skiing, so by the time he and Mike returned from the slopes to Mike's house, he was a little pooped and driving another hour and a half to my mom's all of a sudden seemed not such a good idea.


Well anyway.

So he got back here about 11:30 a.m., which meant we missed going riding with my uncle, although SH might not exactly have been in the best of shape for getting on a horse if you know what I mean.

SH: Hey! You didn't kiss me!

Me: Yes I did.

SH: No you didn't.

Me: Oh. Right. I slapped you on the butt. Well, that's almost the same thing.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I'm still mildly grossed out by the thought of Dill Pickle flavored Pringles...

Class factotum said...

Oh Jan. They are yummy. Really. A tangy version of salt and vinegar chips. Go to Walgreen's, spend a buck, and give them a try.