Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 441: The art of the nag

SH: Why aren't you nagging me?*

Me: I don't always nag you.

At Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.

SH: I thought you liked to nag me.

Me: No, I don't like to nag you. Sometimes I have to nag you to get you to do what needs to be done.

SH: But I'm not taking a shower.

Me: I know.

SH: But we might be late.

Me: I know.

SH: Is it because P is my friend and you don't care if we're late?***

Me: Maybe.


* To shower to meet our friend P at the restaurant where we are using our restaurant.com coupon that is about to expire. Lord knows it is better to spend $40 than to let a 70 cent** coupon go to waste.

** SH says that no, it cost $2.

*** P is both our friend now, but SH has known him for years and I have just met him. But yes, SH is the one who would look bad if we were late, not me.

2 comments:

Jan said...

You and SH are awfully amusing, you know.

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one in your situation, my wife has to nag me about showers on the weekend ALL THE TIME!!!!!