Friday, January 22, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 48: Date night

SH: Maybe tonight we can [wxyz].

Me: Only if you promise to pick at least two fights about politics. You know how much I love that. And some farts. You have to promise to fart. Those are so sexy.

SH: One of these days you'll be browbeaten into submission. The weight of my arguments will be too much for you to resist.

Me [taking notes]

SH: That's going into your blog, isn't it?

Me: Yep.

SH: Oh good grief.

Later

SH: Are we going out to eat tonight?

Me: Let's go tomorrow night.

SH: Why?

Me: Because I have to take a shower tomorrow night for church.

SH: So you're not going to shower today?

Me: I wasn't planning on it.

SH: But what about [wxyz]?

Me: I guess I could wash the strategic areas.

5 comments:

Richard in NY said...

Let us know when the browbeating has succeeded. I'm guessing it will take a while.

Anonymous said...

TMI.....eewwww!!!

Lindy said...

I was just reading your other blog. The line that had me in stitches...

"Those crazy Communists do many a madcap thing, but sponsoring home tours is not one of them."

Still waiting to read about how you met SH.

Class factotum said...

Lindy, send me an email at nettie_37@hotmail.com

Class factotum said...

Anon, it's not like I get that nasty. It's cold here and I am darn lazy, so I don't sweat that much when I work out. But my mom might agree with you on the TMI sometimes. :)

Richard, I am not likely to agree with SH on most political things.

Lindy, you're sweet! We met at our 20-year college reunion. I'm getting there on the archive blog - November 2005. Coming soon, just after the disaster with the Moroccan millionaire.