Sunday, January 24, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 781: Weekend honeydos

SH: I moved those boxes so the plumber can get to the [whatever to TV the lines to see why our basement flooded in June when our neighbors' basements did not].

Me: Thanks, sweetie. Your one weekend chore is done. Relax.

Random photo from when we were in London last fall.

SH: Guess what I found in some of the boxes? Calendars from 1990!

Me: What did you do with them?

SH: Left them in the box.

Me: Why didn't you throw them away?

SH: Because then I would have had to go through the entire box and sort it out and I didn't have time for that project.

Me: No you wouldn't. You could have just thrown away the calendars and been done. Sheesh.

SH: Nope. Besides, throwing things away was not in the scope of this chore.

4 comments:

controllergirl said...

My project manager girlfriend says thank you to SH for actually knowing what scope is. She also yelled out "change order!" I think our people are a little bit off, CF. It's a good thing we like them!

Class factotum said...

Omigosh Controllergirl you made me laugh! I read this to SH and he said, "But one of the calendars had trains on it! And I like trains!"

I will have to remember "change order" for next time!

controllergirl said...

Trains! LOL we are dying over here! As a side note, my gf says "I get it!" to SH's reaction. They may have been separated at birth. It doesn't hurt that she was born in Milwaukee and already feels a kinship with you two after reading a few of your blogs. You had her at custard.

Class factotum said...

CG, those midwesterners are good catches, aren't they?