Thursday, January 28, 2010

The people have spoken

Notice how they automatically seek the strategically advantageous high spots. Not the warm spot, because library DVDs are not warm. The high spots. Because it's dangerous in our house. They might be attacked. If they could figure out how to sit on top of that jar of tomatoes, they would.

Wow. What a thrill! You actually spoke to me! Not all of you. Yes. I know. I have my ways. But a lot of you. Strangers! Strangers read me. Don't worry. I'm not going to go all Sally Field on you. But wow. Thank you.

And here's what you have to say:

You come here for the cats.

Which means that my plan of getting rid of the earbud eating,* watch breaking,** cauliflower hunting, shedding, sitting by the door and crying at 7:00 a.m., Spawn of Satan beasts as soon as SH's plane crashes and right after I throw away all his crap in the basement without even opening the boxes is a bad idea. Because I would lose all my readers. All of you. Well, most of you.

And that would make me sad.

So stick around. There will be more cat photos. And more Wisconsin stories. And SH will not change. Which means plenty of material.

* Two pairs, which means who's the dumb one? Me.

** Fortunately, SH had just changed from his Packers watch to a watch he didn't like as much, so he wasn't as mad as he might have been otherwise. I don't wear a watch, so it's not an issue for me. And I'm never late. But SH is. Go figure.

4 comments:

Richard in NY said...

I have my own cats. If yours mysteriously disappeared, I would still read your blog.

Don't get any ideas about shipping yours to me however.

SH said...

I need a watch to keep track of how late I'm running. (That information is necessary to decide whether I'm in a mad, panicked rush or merely in a hurry.)

Ptolemy said...

It's YOU that makes the cats so funny, though... They ARE beautiful and plush, but YOU tell the stories -- and I'm STILL laughing about how long you ran water on the one cat's head before it finally abandoned the kitchen sink. I put a cat picture in my blog the other day "just for you"! ;-)

Class factotum said...

Oh P, you are going to make me blush.

Richard, ha. Now you have planted the idea.