Sunday, February 14, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 337: Because I am a gold digger

Me: How much is the Costco membership?

SH: Fifty dollars.



Me: Fifty dollars!

SH: That's not so bad.

Me: We do not get our money's worth!

SH: It's not all about dollars and cents.

Me: Oh really? What else is it about?

SH: I like shopping at Costco.

Me: You think it's worth $50 for the privilege of shopping twice a year at a warehouse 20 miles from our house?

SH: I go when I go to Doug's party.

Me: OK. Twice a year plus when you go to Indiana.

2 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

LOL! Sounds like hubby and I discussing renewing our membership a couple of weeks ago...except in our case, the warehouse is 2 miles away, not 20. Oh, and we get gas there too. And we go at least once a month. Okay, maybe not so much the same, but just as spirited!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Oh, my goodness, what would Delores and Sly think if YOU said that?