Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 397: I told you so

Me: They denied my FSA claim for that stuff from Walgreen's.

SH: It's only $8. Blow it off.

Snake charmers in Marrakesh, the pit of Morocco.

Me: What - we're so rich we can throw eight dollars away now? Besides, they're wrong. It said on the Walgreen's receipt that I could claim it and they paid a similar claim a few months ago.

SH: It's not worth it to fight them over it. Besides, I spend more than that on beer.

Me: That I did not need to know. And I'm not asking you to do it.

SH: But you have to write and that takes time and a stamp.

Me: Just what do you think is involved? All I have to do is email. I have the time. Leave me alone.

Later.

Me: Ha! They wrote back and said they'd made a mistake and should have paid the claim. I told you I was right.

3 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Being right is so satisfying!

Mark said...

Now he's going to spend $8.00 on something useless at Menards!!!

Class factotum said...

Mark, don't you know it? He does it just to tick me off!

Maureen, it sure is. The problem is that you can only be smug about the little things. When you're right about something really big, you just have to bite your tongue.