Thursday, February 11, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 421: I'm not a mind reader, you know

Scene: I have folded and put away a load of laundry and tossed the basket to the basement landing. Yes, I am too lazy to take the basket all the way to the basement, but I will be going there again, so why waste the trip?

Notice that the basket is placed such that SH had to step around it to get to the bottom stairs. He had to WORK to avoid the basket.

SH makes a trip to the basement to get potato chips. He returns with the potato chips. The laundry basket? She is still on the landing.

Me: Why didn't you take the laundry basket down with you?

SH: I didn't know you wanted me to.

Me: Wasn't it obvious that it needed to go back to the laundry room?

SH: No.

Me: Why would I not want you to take it down?

SH: Maybe you wanted to leave it there so Shirley could play in it.

Right. Because I am in the habit of inconveniencing myself so life is more fun for my cats.

1 comment:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

*Sigh*
This is a daily occurrance in my house with kids. Good to know if I ever get a guy, it'll just be one more person to walk around stuff.