Saturday, February 20, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 488: You're not the boss of me

Me: I got bagels.

SH: What flavors?

Le pain et l'eau.

Me: One egg, one whole wheat, one cinnamon-sugar, and one asiago.

SH: Did you eat them all?

Me: No! I took a bite or two out of each one. There's still plenty left

SH: You did what?!

Me: I just wanted a taste.

SH: That is not the right way to do it. You have the worst eating habits.

Me: Who made you in charge of the food rules? I am 46 years old. If I want to eat just one bite of the bagel, I can eat just one bite. Get. Off. My. Back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one SH. Who wants to eat food that someone has already taken a bite of.

Lenore

Gary said...

So you're a Bad Bagel Eater too?

Richard in NY said...

As the French would say, SH has reason on this one. This is antisocial eating behavior. You've also left your germs on all of the bagels.

Class factotum said...

Fortunately, SH had already had three cookies on his flight from Dallas that night, so he wasn't hungry for the bagels I had bought that morning. It wasn't like he was going to starve.

Bohemiandoc said...

Can't agree with you here, CF. You've broached the barrier of the bagel, leaving it open for staleness and bacteria. You've also broached the "I live with other people" rule of not eating food directly from the container- drinking milk from the bottle, eating fingers of dip after licking your fingers, etc.

Class factotum said...

Doc, SH was out of town and they were bagels I got just for myself. Otherwise, your rules make sense. Although I don't get very squeamish about that sort of thing, at least not with food that I am sharing only with SH.