Monday, March 08, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 39: Terminator Engineer

SH: The crummy underwear is for traveling because they fold up small. The nicer ones are for at home because I wear them longer.

Me: I didn't know you had a system for your underwear.*

SH: Of course I have a system. There's a system for most things in the mind of an engineer. But there's not a system for jeans. Wait. I have a pair for traveling. And if I go out, I wear whichever ones I've already worn to the bar. So I guess I do have a system.



* I have a system for my underwear, of course, but I didn't think SH had any reason to have a system. He's a guy. He does not face the same issues I do, such as which underwear shows a panty line in my gym clothes?

3 comments:

LPC said...

Surely he uses the Eagle Creek zip up packing cubes? And has 4-5 different backpacks, artifacts of the search of THE PERFECT ONE?

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

See, my mother would say he should use the nice underwear for the road, in the event he had to go to the hospital they would see the good stuff.
I'm pretty sure she's serious.

Class factotum said...

Oh LPC. Please don't give him any ideas.

Maureen, my philosophy is all nice underwear, all the time.