Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Marriage 201, Lecture 442: She's not my friend

Me: Have you asked that girl* for the cookie recipe yet?

SH: No.

Me: Why not?

SH: Because I'm not really her friend.

Me: Just ask for the darn recipe! Why is this so hard for you?

SH: It seems weird to ask her for a recipe when I don't even know her.

Me: Even though you friended her and you didn't even know her? Just tell me her name. I'll do it.

SH: No! You gave up facebook for Lent.

Me: Then ask for the recipe. Just ask. Sheesh.




* SH and I went to a fundraiser for the Brew City Bruisers a few weeks ago - a spaghetti supper with a bake sale. The cookies and the cappuccino cupcakes were fabulous. SH went on to facebook to find the baker. He sent her a message, asked if she had made the cookies, and then sent her a friend request when she answered that she had indeed made them. This was two weeks ago.

1 comment:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Men!
It's a damned cookie recipe, not a request for a date.
Sounds really good, btw.